Oregon Soccer Academy is a premier soccer club that believes today's youth deserve an opportunity to develop their soccer skills, team building skills, and community awareness in a quality environment. The competitive program is intended to take the U11 recreational player to a greater level of development, competition, and enjoyment. At the player progresses through the U12-14 program, the coaching staff focuses players on refining their skills while broadening their understanding and tactical awareness of the game.
OSA offers spring, summer/fall, and winter seasons of soccer for the U11-14 player. The emphasis is on the Fall season when we encourage players to focus their commitment to the team; winter indoor and spring outdoor seasons are optional.
The U11-14 Competitive program offers:
Spring Outdoor soccer - A season intended to prepare the U11-14 player for classic soccer tryouts held in May. The focus of the season is to develop individual skills and tactics, enhance player's techniques, promote a system of play, and encourage understanding of field positions.
- Open to all U11-14 girls and boys
- Season runs January through April
- Tryouts are not necessary to join an OSA team for the Spring season. Preference is given to returning OSA fall season members; new members will be added as the rosters allow
- Teams play 11v11. Rosters will be limited to 18 players per team. OSA's goal is to form premier and upper division teams; rosters will be formed to achieve that goal
- Practices are January through April. Practices are held twice per week; schedule to be confirmed. Practice locations include Lincoln High School and West Hills Christian school.
- League games are played March through April, Saturdays and Sundays, Portland-metro area primarily. Teams play in the Oregon Premier League
- Fee is $325 per player. Includes league fees, practices, Spring Skills Sessions, games, coaching fees, field fees for practices and games, goalkeeping training, referee fees, coaching equipment, US Club Soccer membership, insurance, administration. Uniforms and post-season tournament are not included.
Spring Skills Sessions are included with your registration for Spring Outdoor Soccer! OSA players who are registered for the spring season are encouraged to attend the Spring Skills Sessions held on Friday evenings at Lincoln HS and West Hills Christian school. Using the iSoccer curriculum from the US Club Soccer program, the coaches of these sessions will focus on developing the individual player with specific exercises designed to enhance:
- Ball handling skills
- Positional play
- Injury prevention
Register for the Spring season by January 10
Fall Outdoor soccer - The more competitive season of the year. Once a player confirms their registration on an OSA team, they are expected to focus on their skill development and team participation during the summer tournaments and fall league. The focus of the season will be to develop individual skills and tactics, enhance player's techniques, promote a system of play, and encourage understanding of field positions.
More information about this season will be posted by April 1, 2014.
Winter Indoor Soccer - Indoor / Futsal is a low-intensity season of soccer designed to keep players active and improve their ball handling skills. The focus of the season will be on individual skill development and an enhanced understanding of the game.
- Open to all U11-14 girls and boys
- Season runs mid-November through December
- Tryouts are not necessary to join an OSA team for the Winter Indoor season. Preference is given to returning OSA fall season members; new members will be added as the rosters allow. OSA will form as many teams as necessary to accommodate the interest level. Rosters will be formed on a first-come, first-served basis
- Teams play 5v5. Rosters will be limited to 8 players per team
- There are no practices during the Winter Indoor season
- League games are played at Rose City Futsal in NE Portland
- Fee to be confirmed. Includes league fees, player card, games, coaching fees, referee fees, administration. Uniforms are not included.
Register for Winter Indoor / Futsal soccer by October 1